We would like to welcome you to Jou Music Institute and sincerely hope that you will enjoy the valuable learning experience here. Once you have completed registration, please read through our policy and initial on the registration form acknowledging that you understand and will abide by the rules and regulations of Jou Music Institute.
Policy for Private Lessons
1. Every monthly tuition payment is due from the 1st ~ 7th of each month. There is also an enrollment fee of $20 and two lesson deposit paid only once at the first lesson. Payments can either be in cash, check, or credit card. Please make checks payable to Jou Music Institute. Tuitions can be handed to either your instructor or the manager at the front desk by the due date. There will be a penalty fee of $10 for each week the tuition is late after the 7th.
2. Please notify your instructor and the front desk of your absence at least 24 hours before the lesson time. The missed lesson can be used for a make-up lesson rearranged by your instructor. Failure to notify your instructor and the manager of your absence 24 hours beforehand will result in forfeiture of the one class (no make-up lessons or credit).
3. The school year is from August 1st to June 30th. There is a requirement of 4 lessons per month including any major holidays (i.e. Christmas, Thanksgiving, etc.). If there is a 5th lesson in a month, it can be used as a make up for any missed lessons. Teachers and students can also choose to skip the 5th lesson of the month. The studio will monitor all schedules and provide an attendance record for each student on December 31st and May 31st to alert you if you any short or extra lessons. Lessons in July are optional but recommended.
4. If a student has over a month of absence, his or her time slot may be given up to another student. A new schedule will be discussed upon return.
5. The school director will review every student’s attendance record each quarter. If the student misses more than 1/3 of the lessons, the director will consider dropping the student from the school.
6. Please give a 2 week written notice to the instructor and the office if you wish to drop the class, and please be aware that your spot will be taken by the students on the waiting list.
7. Please keep all public facilities and instruments clean at Jou Music Institute.
Policy for Group Lessons
1. The tuition is due 7 days before the start of each group class. Please make the payment either in cash or by check (payable to Jou Music Institute) to your instructor or to the manager before the due date.
2. Once you have paid the tuition for the group class, there will be no refunds and no credit, if you miss or quit the class in the middle of the session.
3. The instructor can reschedule the lesson time, if necessary; however, the instructor has to notify every students’ parent and the manager in advance.
4. All the students must be present for the last 2 lessons before the final show.
5. During the whole season, students should not be absent more than 2 times. Make up lessons will be given based on the instructor’s availability. Make up lessons will be only 10 minutes per missed lesson.
6. If the student drops the class during the season and wants to come back to the same group lesson, he or she must take private lessons first to cover all the missing classes.
7. All students should bring their own binder and materials to class. Every student can obtain one free copy of the materials from the front desk. After that, copies will be charged $0.25 per copy.
8. Please keep all public facilities and instruments clean at Jou Music Institute. Also, please do not damage any of the instruments. JMI reserves the right to charge the cost of the damage to the student’s account.
Thank you for your cooperation, and thank you for choosing Jou Music Institute.